The Archangel St. Raphael Holy Healing Ministry is a charitable apostolate dedicated to serving Jesus Christ through spreading His message of Love, forgiveness and healing to all people. It is important to acknowledge that all of this comes from the blessings and graces of our dear Lord, Savior and Creator, Jesus Christ. It is through the graces poured out on all of us by Jesus and Mary through the powerful intercession of the Archangel St. Raphael that we are able to offer our services to all people.
Rev. Joseph Whalen, M.S. was born in Quincy, Massachusetts and received his call to the priesthood late in life. He entered Pope John XXlll Seminary, a seminary for delayed vocations, and completed four years of advanced graduate studies. On September 9, 1989, at the age of 66, he was ordained a Roman Catholic priest by Bishop Alfred Hughes and became a LaSalette Missionary priest. He retired in 2014 at the age of 91. His dramatic life story is a story of “How God writes straight with crooked lines!” His ministries were many and he was a champion of the sick, the elderly, drug addicts, alcoholics, families, and those in need. He gives us a tremendous story of Almighty God’s love, grace and mercy in the circumstances of his own life; he is also the founder of the renowned international Archangel St. Raphael Holy Healing Ministry. Father’s message is to realize that It’s Never Too Late to Live. Fr. Whalen conducted healing services for many years and has spent his entire priesthood witnessing Christ’s healing presence and helping countless people to find hope in the midst of life’s many challenges.
Rev. John E. Welch, M.S. was born in Clinton, Massachusets. He received his call early in life and went directly to the minor Seminary in Hartford, Connecticut. After completing his years of education and training he was ordained to the priesthood on May 28, 1960 at the National Shrine of Our Lady of LaSalette in Ipswich, MA. He celebrated his 50th Jubilee in May of 2010. After a brief time as parochial vicar at Our Lady of Sorrows in Hartford, CT, he returned to Our Lady of LaSalette Shrine in Ipswich, MA. He was appointed editor of Our Lady’s Missionary Magazine and became director of the Shrine until 1979 when he was appointed pastor of St. Mary’s in Jewitt City. He has been assigned to St. James in Danielson, CT for 15 years, where he is noted for his inspiring missions and gift of preaching. He was also part of the Archangel St. Raphael Holy Healing Ministry team and traveled extensively with Fr. Joseph Whalen.His homilies have captivated countless numbers of Catholics. The charism of the LaSalette is Reconciliation … of compassion and mercy to the repentant. He is also noted for hearing confessions hour upon hour. He has a special gift for showing God’s love for each person.
Fr. Aniello taught Pastoral Theology and ran the seminary for seven years. He went to the Xaverian House in Holliston, Massachusets in 1994. He began his healing ministry in 1995 and went to Chicago in 2001 to help Fr. Michael Davitti, a Xaverian Missionary who runs the St. Therese Chinese Catholic Mission. He has served in Italy, London, West Africa and many states throughout the United States. Fr. Salicone has been blessed with many gifts from God and is currently the assistant to the Rector at the Xaverian house in Franklin, Wisconsin.
Rev. Paul Desmarais was born in Providence Rhode Island and educated at Christ the King School in West Warwick and Our Lady of Providence Seminary High School and College in Warwick Neck. He completed his seminary studies at St. Mary’s Seminary in Baltimore, Maryland and was ordained to the priesthood on May 26th, 1979 by Bishop Kenneth A. Angell at St. Matthew’s Church in Central Falls. Fr. Paul served as assistant pastor of Sacred Heart Church in Pawtucket; as part-time spiritual director for the Blackstone Valley CYO and East Bay CYO; as Director of Spiritual Formation and Formation Team Member, Seminary of Our Lady of Providence; as summer chaplain for the Boy Scouts (Camp Yawgoo) and as chaplain for the Youth Ministry Team in Pawtucket. Fr. Desmarais was named pastor of Sacred Heart Parish in Pawtucket in 1997 and served there until being named pastor at St. Mary’s Parish in Carolina in 2005. He is very dedicated to service and has a fearless faith. Being an accomplished artist, Fr. Paul believes in giving back his God given talent by helping others through volunteering. He is the Director of the Occult and Cult Awareness Ministry Diocese of Providence RI.
Rev. Laurence Brault
· Born August 20, 1950 – New Bedford, MA
· Attended Hopkinton Public Schools, Marian High School, Framingham
· Undergraduate Degree from College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA. 1972
· Attended St. John’s Seminary, Brighton, MA 1972-1976
· Ordained to the diaconate – October 15, 1975. Served as a deacon at St. Matthew’s; Southboro
· Full Pastoral Diaconate – Notre Dame, Southbridge from Summer of 1976-June of 1977
· Ordained to the Priesthood – St. Paul’s Cathedral, Worcester, MA – June 4, 1977
· Served as Associate Pastor at St. Paul’s Cathedral, Worcester; St. Luke’s, Westobrough; St. Francis of Assisi, Fitchburg, MA; St. Anne’s, Shrewsbury, MA; St. Brigid’s, Millbury, MA
· Named Pastor of Holy Angels’ Upton, MA – July 1992 Served as pastor up to September 2011
· Co-founding Pastor of St. Gabriel’s Parish, Upton, MA. Named Pastor of St. Gabriel’s Parish, Upton – September of 2011
· Involved with Worldwide marriage Encounter – Has served as presenting priest, Team Training Presenter, Executive Leadership for Worcester; MA/NH/RI/ Section 1 Leadership, Three terms as Section 20 Leadership.
· Helped to establish relationship with St. Anne’s, Sucrerie Henri, Haiti
He is a great scholar and a very holy and humble priest.